What’s not to love here? Chocolate, coffee, mascapone and Irish cream. Can’t get any better eh? I made a huge tray for the weekend when two of my besties were visiting and it was our breakfast for 3 days – tiramisu and coffee. And our dessert. With more Irish cream!
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, and customized it a bit.
- egg yolks - 6
- sugar - 1 1/4 cups
- mascapone cheese - 1 1/4 cups
- heavy whipping cream - 1 3/4 cups
- ladyfinger biscuits - 2 packages, 12 oz each
- coffee - 1/3 cup, brewed strong
- Baileys Irish cream - 1/3 cup , or any other coffee liquor
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- cocoa powder - 1 tsp, unsweetened for dusting
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Add mascarpone to whipped yolks along with the vanilla extract. Beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into yolk mixture and set aside.
- Split the ladyfingers in half and line the bottom and sides of a large glass bowl. Pour some of the coffee on top so it soaks into the biscuits. Brush with coffee liqueur. Spoon half of the cream filling over the ladyfingers. Repeat ladyfingers, espresso, coffee liqueur and filling layers. Garnish with cocoa.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.