Easy, healthy breakfast idea! Enjoy a nice thick slice with some buttered toast. Ideally, this should be made in a pie dish but I dont have yet one so I used a pyrex dish. The ingredients list look lengthy for a simple quiche, but it’s the various seasonings I put in that give it that nice extra flavor as opposed to just baked eggs. Essentially, you are just going to sauté the vegetables, add seasoning, eggs and bake it.
- Eggs - 3
- Cottage cheese - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Flour - 2 tbsp, All purpose
- Tomato - 1, reserve a few slices for the top
- Onion - 1/2, chopped
- Bell pepper - 1, sliced thin
- Cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded, any type you like - cheddar / mozzarella etc
- Bread Crumbs - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Parsley - 1/2 tsp
- Thyme - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Cilantro - 4 stalks, chopped
- Lemon Pepper - 1/2 tsp, optional
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp, optional
- Olive oil - to grease the tray
- salt - to taste
- vegetables - 1 cup, anything you like - zucchini, carrot, mushrooms etc
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F and grease a small sized baking / glass dish.
- In a pan, heat some oil, lightly saute onions till light brown and add other vegetables till slightly cooked but still crispy.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Add milk, all purpose flour, cottage cheese, all the seasonings and mix thoroughly. Reserve some of the shredded cheese for topping.
- Place the sauteed veggies in the baking dish, pour in the egg mixture, sprinkle shredded cheese and the bread crumbs on top, place some round tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until firm. A knife should come out clean when pierced. Oven times vary so be careful.
- Serve hot with toast or even better.. Bruschetta!