Who doesn’t love these? Soft, warm, fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. I get cravings sometimes. Many times. Major cravings. These cookies are not one of those healthy, whole wheat sugar less, butter-less things. If you’re watching your weight, stay away. Or just break of a tiny piece and get the hell away. Cause if you stick around, you might not last. Neither will the cookies.
I like them soft and chewy with the melty chocolate chip inside, freshly baked…
How do you like them? With a some milk?
Or nice and big?
It doesn’t matter. Give me a cookie already!
These cookies last a week in an airtight container (or more, I don’t know! They always get over in 2 days at home). I like to microwave them for 10 sec before eating so they’re warm and gooey.
- Flour - 1 3/4 cup, All purpose
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 3/4 sticks, unsalted (14 tablespoons)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup, white
- Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- Eggs - 1
- Egg Yolks - 1
- Chocolate Chips - 1 1/2 cups
- Macadamia nuts - 3/4 cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 Deg. Measure out and mix the baking soda and flour in a bowl.
- Heat 10 tsp of butter in a saucepan until it turns into a dark gold color. It will have some crumbly bits, and take about 3 minutes to get there. Pout into another bowl, add the remaining butter and whisk it.
- Add the white and brown sugar, salt and vanilla to the butter and whisk. Add the egg yolk, egg and whisk until there are no lumps remaining and the batter is smooth. Let stand for 3 minutes and then whisk for 30 seconds. Repeat the (whisk for 30 sec & wait for 3 minutes) procedure two more times until the mixture is shiny and smooth.
- Mix in the flour in two stages and add the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide the dough into small portions (1 tbsp) or large (3 tbsp) and arrange 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake each batch separately in the middle rack of the oven for 11 minutes. Oven times and temperature settings vary, so be careful and check after 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!