I was all excited and ready to post something I just made for dinner and now I find that I wasn’t the first. I googled my recipe only to find out it has already been done. So much for being original! I mixed up an avocado along with 1/2 a chopped onion, green chillies, chopped cilantro and some cumin, added this into my dough and made parathas. They were beyond awesome. We had the parathas with some mint chutney and greek yogurt dip…
Increase the health quotient of your paratha with some raw avocado and spices mixed in!
- whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- water - 3/4 cup, approximately, or less.
- avocado - 1, pitted and mashed
- onion - 1/4 cup, chopped very fine
- cilantro - 5 stalks, chopped very fine
- green chilly - 1, slit, chopped very fine
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- oil - to make the parathas
- salt - to taste
- Mash up the avocado with everything except the whole wheat flour and water.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, make a well in the center, add the avocado mixture, a little bit of water and start kneading.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time until the dough is soft, pliable and can be rolled out.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and make balls out of them.
- Roll them out and place on a hot skillet for a minute at a time, flipping frequently.
- Once nicely browned on both sides, smear a little bit of oil.